Sunday, May 1, 2011

Get real!

Forgive me and my cheesy blog title...but this blog is all about how I think it's so important to be real. Obviously right? No one likes to talk to someone who's fake, and only saying what you want to hear so that you will like that person. So...why do some people do it? I'll tell you why I used to do it, because I am a people pleaser. I am not happy unless everyone else is happy. While that is not a bad thing...it has kind of ruined me. The real Christie ceases to exist sometimes because I am too busy trying to be someone who the other person wants me to be so they will be happy and comfortable in whatever situation we may be in.
DON'T WORRY!
I'm still me. It's not like i've been living a million lies my whole life. Not at all. What I mean is that I haven't really expressed my true views at times when I could have, I haven't disagreed with someone when I should have, I haven't held my tongue when I should have, etc. 
I have made it a goal of mine to work on being more real. More me. To say and do things because that's who I am...but still keep in mind the feelings of others, I don't want to totally become a non-censored little brat!
I am just going to stop worrying about what everyone else is thinking and just be me. Yes, I know I know, you all learned this back in junior high...but I'm still learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment