Sunday, October 25, 2015

Authentic Christie

This week I was lucky enough to receive some INCREDIBLE life coaching from my sister-in-law, Sarah. She and I have always gotten along very well, I feel like she understands me more than most people. When she asked if she could practice her coaching on me, I didn't even hesitate to answer yes! I told her I was going to be a tough case, but she gladly accepted the challenge. I'm so grateful she did! The whole experience was extremely eye-opening and gave me just the jump-start I needed to start making some improvements in my life.

The Issue:
Ever since I was a little girl (way back in the day when my hair was short and got mistaken for a boy), I have always had this dilemma where I had to please everyone. I had to say the right thing, laugh when I was supposed to, and just be well, perfect. I've let this need to be perfect run my life for far too long. I don't want to live my life in constant worry about what other people are thinking about me. I don't want to change who I am according to who I am hanging out with...  I just want to be "Authentic Christie". This issue, is what I brought to the table for my coaching session with Sarah, and she rocked it!

I won't go into the details of what we did and everything we talked about, because it was an hour long session...but a really cool part for me was when we went through and listed a couple things that entail being Authentic Christie, as well as what Authentic Christie would be doing. Here are a few things that I came up with:

Authentic Christie

Being:

  • Goofy
  • A leader
  • Optimistic
  • Powerful
  • Kind 
  • Compassionate
  • Energetic
  • Purple Unicorn (this one came from Sarah, haha!)
  • Crazy Dancer 
  • Light Hearted
  • Open/receptive
  • Friendly
  • Loyal
  • Strength
  • Potential
  • Inspiring
  • Respected
Doing:
  • Leading
  • Inspiring
  • Helping
  • Teaching
  • Listening
  • Serving
  • Traveling/Exploring
  • Active
  • Outdoors
  • Spending time with Family/Family Focused
  • Progressing
  • Motivating
  • Performing
  • Rock Star
  • Latin Dancer
  • Own my own company
  • Impactful
  • Famous

This was a really cool exercise for me, because I was able to feel the excitement of actually being and doing Authentic Christie. It really motivated me. It's so simple.. but realizing and outlining your own potential is such a crucial step. I want to add to this list, and I can't wait to have these words be just, who I am.

I'm going to start setting daily goals for myself. I'm usually a monthly, or yearly goal kind of girl, but this is going to be such a huge change for me that I want to track my progress daily. 

Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment