Sunday, December 19, 2010

A few of my angels

There are people in my life that I will never forget...people who have blessed my life so deeply and I will be forever grateful. I call them my angels. I have so many and I want to dedicate this blog to them. Its just another testimony builder to me when these people come to me in my life. The Lord knows me and loves me and knows when I need a little boost...and that's when he sends me His angels. 
I wish I had pictures of them all! I'm such a bad picture taker and I'm paying for it now because you all won't be able to see my beautiful angels!!

Grandma Wallace:
This women is very special to me. This is my mom's mom and I never really knew her. I have one memory with her and it's actually my oldest memory. I was still a baby and was running on the beach towards her and tripped on my way to her and my face landed in the sand. I looked and her and she went, "whoo!" and then started laughing her loving grandma laugh. I looked at her with my face still in the sand and smiled...and then I started eating the sand. Anyway, before I really knew what the Holy Ghost was...I called it "feeling grandma". Whenever I felt the spirit or was really happy as a child I would look at my mom and say, "I feel Grandma". I still feel Grandma with me in times when I need her. I can't wait to get to know this amazing women better in the afterlife. 
Thank you Grandma Wallace.
ps. My mom just told me that tomorrow will be the anniversary of her passing away. 1993. 


Lindsey Kauffman:
I have no idea what this girl is doing now or where she is...but when I was a skinny, scared freshman on the LP volleyball team. This girl took me under her wing and helped me feel comfortable on that team. She gave me rides, advice on the court, always smiled at me, and always went out of her way to be there for me. 
Thank you Lindsey Kauffman.

Kiana Rogers:
haha...this girl. oh man. I love this one so much...she is one of my bestest friends ever. Again...as a (still) skinny, scared freshman on the BYU volleyball team, she took me under her wing and befriended me. She broke me into college life and showed me how to have fun! I learned a lot from this girl. A loooot. She'll never know just how much she helped me though. I went through a time in my life where I felt unliked by a lot of people...and she made me feel like a cool person. I know that sounds weird...but feeling cool and liked is important for humans. I love you Ki.
Thank you Kiana Rogers.

Grandpa Grant:
Grandpa Grant is probably 87 years old and went to about every single home volleyball game while I was at Lone Peak. He came up to me before a game one day and talked to me for about an hour. He was so pleasant to talk to and the cutest old man I had ever seen (I have always had a special place in my heart for the elderly). I had no idea who he was. I asked around and nobody knew who he was. The next game he brought me a cd and even tried to give me money to buy a snack!! From that day on I saw and talked to him before every volleyball game. He never missed!! I started to become more and more fond of him. We dedicated a spot in our media guide to him and he became our grandpa Grant. When I went away to college, I wondered if he would still come to my games. I can't really remember, but I don't think he came my freshman year. Then he came once my next year and found out that I was red shirting...so he said he would come the next year. I got his number and called him and found out where he lived and brought him a Christmas present that year. Found out he lives upstairs in a house with his family. His sweetheart died many years ago and he was listening to an old recording of a book on tape when we went to visit him. Grandpa Grant just lights up every time he sees me. I talked with him for hours that night and then left and didn't see him for a LONG time. I began to really worry about him...but never checked up on him and I wish I did. I can't treat my angels like that! anyway, then one day during double days in the summer he comes walking into the RB gym randomly!! I ran over to him and started crying my eyes out. I was SO happy to see him! I don't know what came over me...but I have so much love in my heart for this man. He left after practice and I didn't see him for a long time after that again! Then he came to a game randomly and I ran to him smiling bigger than I ever have and yes...balling my eyes out. He explained to me that after he left that day in the summer he had a heart attack!!!!! Right after he saw me that day! and I had no idea! I couldn't believe it. I was so grateful that he was alright and I got to see him again. I'll never forget that man's laugh, smile, kindness, warmth, and caring. I love him so much. I have no idea why he came into my life...maybe it was just to bring me happiness. That's exactly what he has done. 
Thank you Grandpa Grant.

Larry Jensen:
When my family moved to Alpine from South Jordan, I had no friends. We moved in the summer so I didn't have school to make any friends. I remember being so excited when it was time to go get the mail! hahaha because it was something to do! Anyway, my dad set me up my first email and I was so excited about it. I had no one to email though, so my dad gave me the email address of Larry Jensen from his work. This man responded to every single one of my silly, childish emails and made each day exciting for me to get an email and respond back. My dad just gave me his email again and I am going to email him right now and thank him for that.
Thank you Larry Jensen.

My family:
Of course every single member of my family is an angel to me as well! I love my family so dearly...they have all helped me out through all the difficult stages of my life and I will be forever grateful to them for that. I want to mention my little sister Charity specifically. For those of you who don't know...she has Down Syndrome. So....she is legitimately an angel. :) anyway, she is going through this teenage phase right now and she is driving me nuts. BUT....she, above anyone else, can sense when I am really down and will just give me a hug without saying anything. She has an amazing intuition with that sort of thing and I don't know what I'd do without her. 
Thank you Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment